- Bookings may not be made by or in the name of any persons under the age of eighteen years of age.
- Ale on a Bale will apply on your request to obtain a drinks license from the authorities concerned. Trading is dependent on the granting of a Temporary Event Notice to sell alcohol by the local
council (unless the venue is already licensed).
- The hirer shall be responsible to maintain that no intoxicating liquor purchased from the bar is to be taken off the premises, as it is purchased to be consumed on the licensed premises or as per
- We work under the terms of The Licensing Act and as such reserve the right to refuse service to: anyone who appears to be under 18 and cannot prove otherwise; anyone purchasing drinks for someone
under the age of 18; anyone who is excessively drunk; anyone who is abusive or threatening to staff or other customers.
- If your event includes guests around the age of 18, please ask them to bring along a recognised form of ID. We operate the Challenge 25 policy. This means that our staff are entitled to ask
people for ID if they look 25 years of age or younger.
- No intoxicating liquor or soft beverages are to be allowed on the premises that have been purchased outside the venue which the license applies to, without prior agreement between the hirer and
Ale on a Bale management.
- If the management allows the hirer to bring their own drinks onto the premises a surcharge per bottle can/may apply.
- We will require access prior to the event as soon as possible (3hrs minimum) and for 2hrs after the event.
- We require access to a water source at the venue.
- Glassware – plastic glassware shall be used at all events unless previously discussed.
- The product prices may vary at the management’s discretion without any prior notice.
- If the number of people attending an event is significantly in excess of the number agreed, the hirer may have to pay an additional £200 fee for making
arrangements for extra stock.
- The hirer shall be responsible for the effective supervision of arrangements and activities on the premises during the period of the hire and for the prevention
of disorderly behavior so as to ensure that no nuisance or annoyance arises to the local residents.
- The management reserves the right at their absolute discretion to refuse a booking if they consider it to be against the interest of local residents or the public at large.
- The management reserves the right to display their logo and advertising material on the bar or backing as they feel fit.
- The management has the necessary public liability insurance.
- Access – the client needs to ensure that adequate space is available for Ale on a Bale to position and park at an appropriate location at the venue.
- Breakages may need to be added to the hiring fee.
- Outside of the immediate bar area, the management is not responsible for clearing, tidying or cleaning any part of the venue.
- We’re based in Davenham in Cheshire, and mainly cover Cheshire and the surrounding counties. We are happy to travel further afield for a charge of 45p per mile, per trailer if you’re further than
25 miles away.